Subscribe to our newsletter
Don't worry, we wont spam you
How to make the most out of your kitesurfing lessons
Get the most benefit out of your first kitesurfing lessons by documenting the experience so that you can learn even when you’re not out on the waves.
People have many different learning styles, and we’ve found that those who gain confidence most quickly are those who use all the tools at their disposal to maximize the learning experience. We’re committed to making sure that you not only complete a course efficiently but also have the confidence to enjoy the sport on your own.
Here are some of the ways that you can stack the benefit of different approaches to grow your skills and enjoy the freedom and excitement of kitesurfing more quickly and skillfully.
- Of course, in an activity such as kitesurfing, at least part of your learning has to be hands-on. You’ll learn by doing, and our experienced instructors work hard to provide you with the safest and most informative kitesurfing lessons in Cape Town. Our priority is to guide your learning so that you can gain skills quickly, but also in a safe environment.
- Familiarity with the gear and the conditions is important and is gained through a combination of information and guided experience. You’ll also develop the muscle memory as you practice safe and effective movement so that you can get the most out of your kitesurfing learning experience and move on to independence sooner.
- If you find that you learn well by reading, then we can point you in the right direction, but one thing that can really help all types of learners is visually documenting lessons. Capturing photographs, and especially video, of your own lessons can help you look back at your experience, reinforce the right technique, and pinpoint what went wrong and where you can learn from your mistakes.
- There’s a lot going on in the moment, and you can be pretty busy trying to listen to an instructor, manage the gear and navigate the conditions, so looking back at still images and footage after the fact prompts your memory, solidifies your understanding, and gives you a different perspective that can bring clarity and help you correct mistakes. It’s an excellent tool for visual learners and one of the best ways to supplement hands-on lessons.
- Motivation is another factor in pushing through the learning process to confidence. Double your benefit by not only capturing photos and video of your first lessons so that you can reflect on the experience, but also going on to use them to make videos with Biteable that you can then share with friends or on social media. Sharing goals with others is motivating, helps you stick to your plan and make better progress, and can spark some friendly competition for added incentive to stick with it. Not to mention the fact that you’ll have some killer shots and footage to pad out your feed.
Kitesurfing is an extreme sport and requires a more involved learning process than some. Get the most out of your lessons and finish with the confidence to get out on the water and have a great time by supplementing our safe and informative training with footage of the first lessons.